A unique space for actors from science, politics, civil society and the private sector to discuss impactful collaborative solutions to protect the ocean will take place from 30 September to 2 October 2019.
The Marine Regions Forum 2019 will provide a major opportunity for key stakeholders from the world's different marine regions to highlight the best solutions for achieving a healthy ocean. The Marine Regions Forum 2019 aims to develop clear recommendations, catalyse actionable outputs, and build partnerships for stronger regional ocean governance, making a timely contribution to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The outcomes of the Marine Regions Forum 2019 will feed into key ocean governance policy processes both regionally and globally, in particular the 2020 UN Ocean Conference.
The conference will, amongst others, cover the following issues:
- How can the marine regions take action against marine litter?
- What ocean-based solutions can help combat climate change?
- What challenges and solutions lie ahead in protecting the high seas?
- How can we strengthen marine protected areas to safeguard biodiversity and livelihoods?
- What is the value of indigenous knowledge in science-policy processes?
Press contact in Germany:
Sabine Letz firstname.lastname@example.org
Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies e.V. (IASS, Potsdam)
Phone: +49 (0)331 288 22-479
Press contact in France:
Brigitte Béjean email@example.com
Institut du développement durable et des relations internationales (IDDRI, Paris)
Phone: + 33 6 03 26 93 57