WEST BLOOMFIELD, Mich. – Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital is one of only two Michigan hospitals to earn a Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center certification from The Joint Commission, an independent, not-for-profit organization that accredits and certifies more than 22,000 healthcare organizations and programs in the United States.
- Minimum mechanical thrombectomy volume requirement of 15 or more per year.
- Ability to perform mechanical thrombectomy 24/7.
- Dedicated intensive care unit beds to care for acute ischemic stroke patients.
- Availability of staff and practitioners closely aligned with Comprehensive Stroke Center expectations.
- A process to collect and review data regarding adverse patient outcomes following mechanical thrombectomy.
MEDIA CONTACT: Jeff Adkins / email@example.com / (586) 307-2027