LUGANO-SINGAPORE, 8 November 2019 - The European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO), (1) the leading professional organisation for medical oncology, is pleased to announce the fifth ESMO Asia Congress 2019. (2)
Held 22-24 November 2019 at the Suntec Convention and Exhibition Centre in Singapore, the scientific and educational congress will convene around 3,500 medical professionals representing various oncology disciplines, from the entire Asia-Pacific region.
The ESMO Asia 2019 scientific programme (3) will include research results that are both specific for the Asian population and that have clinical practice implications at a broader level.
Among the abstracts to be presented, the following first-time presentations may be of particular interest:
- LBA1: Brigatinib vs Crizotinib in Patients With ALK Inhibitor-Naive Advanced ALK+ NSCLC: Updated Results From the Phase III ALTA-1L Trial
- LBA3: IMbrave150: Efficacy and Safety Results From a Ph 3 Study Evaluating Atezolizumab (atezo) + Bevacizumab (bev) vs Sorafenib (Sor) as First Treatment (tx) for Patients (pts) With Unresectable Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC)
- LBA6: First China-manufactured trastuzumab biosimilar HLX02 global phase III trial met primary endpoint in breast cancer
The congress programme features numerous thought-provoking sessions in which global leaders will present the latest knowledge on state-of-the-art treatment of cancer, such as:
- Keynote 1 - Cancer burden in the Asia-Pacific region (4)
- Improving cancer care in Asia (5)
- Rare cancers: What is different between Asia and Europe? (6)
- Biosimilars use in oncology: clarifying concepts (7)
- Perspective of liquid biomarkers for cancer care (8)
- Management of irAEs in patients from Asia (9)
- How to manage toxicity of immunotherapy (10)
The ESMO Asia Congress is supported by the following organisations: Singapore Society of Oncology, Medical Oncology Group of Australia, Oncology Club, Bangladesh, Chinese Society of Clinical Oncology, Hong Kong Cancer Therapy Society, Indian Society of Medical & Paediatric Oncology, Indonesian Society of Hematology Medical Oncology, Iranian Cancer Association, Iranian Society of Clinical Oncology, Iranian Society of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Japan Society of Clinical Oncology, Japanese Society of Medical Oncology, Korean Society of Medical Oncology, Malaysian Oncological Society, Myanmar Oncology Society, New Zealand Society for Oncology, Pakistan Society of Clinical Oncology, Philippine Society of Medical Oncology, Taiwan Oncology Society, Thai Society of Clinical Oncology and Association of Oncologists of Uzbekistan.
ESMO welcomes members of the press interested in reporting on cancer. Registration to the ESMO Asia Congress 2019 is free to bona fide journalists on presentation of a letter of assignment and a valid press card.
Media representatives are required to observe and abide by the ESMO Media Policy. (11)
To register as press, please fill out the media registration. (12)
Notes to Editors
Please make sure to use the official name of the meeting in your reports: ESMO Asia Congress 2019 Official Congress Hashtag: #ESMOAsia19
(1) ESMO website: https:/
(2) ESMO Asia 2019 official webpage: https:/
(3) ESMO Scientific Programme: https:/
(4) Keynote 1 - Cancer burden in the Asia-Pacific region https:/
(5) Improving cancer care in Asia https:/
(6) Rare cancers: What is different between Asia and Europe? https:/
(7) Biosimilars use in oncology: clarifying concepts https:/
(8) Perspective of liquid biomarkers for cancer care https:/
(9) Management of irAEs in patients from Asia https:/
(10) How to manage toxicity of immunotherapy https:/
(11) ESMO Media Policy: https:/
(12) ESMO Asia Press Registration: http://esmo.
About the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)
ESMO is the leading professional organisation for medical oncology. With more than 23,000 members representing oncology professionals from over 150 countries worldwide, ESMO is the society of reference for oncology education and information. ESMO is committed to offer the best care to people with cancer, through fostering integrated cancer care, supporting oncologists in their professional development, and advocating for sustainable cancer care worldwide.Visit http://www.