Get ready for cutting edge developments at the intersect of digital health and cardiovascular imaging: EuroEcho 2019, a scientific congress of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC).
Artificial intelligence (AI), deep learning, 3D printing, machine learning, and virtual reality are key themes.1-6 Professor Bernard Cosyns, EuroEcho Scientific Co-chair, said: "AI is the hottest topic across medicine. The meeting will showcase future uses of AI in imaging, such as phenotyping specific patient populations. Attendees will also witness interactive virtual reality allowing users to rotate images, swap between 2D and 3D, and make more accurate measurements."
Explore the scientific programme of the world's leading echocardiography congress. Held 4 to 7 December at the Reed Messe Wien GmbH in Vienna, Austria.
Novel research will be presented in a record-breaking number of abstracts and clinical cases - more than 1,300 in all. Among them:
- Can AI transform echocardiography training?
- Machine learning for point-of-care cardiac assessment.
- Virtual reality for education in congenital heart disease.
- Impact of bariatric surgery on the heart.
- Preventing heart damage from chemotherapy in cancer patients.
- Level of fitness needed to prolong life.
Stay tuned for late breaking science in a dedicated session with state-of-the-art discoveries in AI, valve disease, and left atrial function:
- AI to predict coronary artery disease from contrast and non-contrast stress echocardiograms.
- TRILUMINATE trial: edge-to-edge repair for patients with tricuspid regurgitation.
- MASCOT HIT study: the optimal method to assess left atrial function by speckle tracking echocardiography.
More than 4,000 healthcare professionals and scientists will attend from nearly 100 countries. Across four days and 160 scientific sessions, world leaders will discuss how echocardiography can help prevent and treat cardiovascular disease and what's on the horizon in this field.
Not to miss: innovative developments in echocardiography.7 Ultrafast echocardiography offers novel possibilities for tissue characterisation and improved image quality. Theranostics is a new precision medicine approach which applies targeted therapy based on diagnostic tests; attendees will hear how ultrasound assists thrombus dissolution in the coronary arteries.
This year's main themes are Cardiomyopathies and Imaging in Acute Cardiac Care. Professor Maurizio Galderisi, EuroEcho Scientific Co-chair, said: "Standard and advanced echocardiographic techniques are fundamental for diagnosis, risk stratification and management in both scenarios."
Register as Press now to attend EuroEcho 2019 and receive press releases from the leading congress in echocardiography.
Authors: ESC Press Office
Tel: +33 4 89 87 20 85
Mobile: +33 (0)7 8531 2036
Follow us on Twitter @ESCardioNews
Notes to editor
References and notes
1Artificial intelligence, deep-learning, 3D printing...what is the future of imaging?
2Artificial intelligence demystified
3Hightech corner session 1 - Echocardiography at the digital era
4Hightech corner session 2 - Artificial intelligence for dummies
5EuroEcho Honorary Lecture: Physics vs Gestalt: How Cardiovascular Imaging will Thrive with Artificial Intelligence
6Machine learning: how to implement it in my practice?
7Hightech corner session 3 - New concepts in echocardiography
About EuroEcho #EuroEcho
EuroEcho is the flagship meeting of the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging (EACVI) and the world's leading echocardiography congress.
About the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging (EACVI)
The European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging (EACVI) - a branch of the ESC - is the world leading network of Cardiovascular Imaging (CVI) bringing together experts from all techniques: Echocardiography, Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance, Nuclear Cardiology and Cardiac Computed Tomography.
About the European Society of Cardiology
The European Society of Cardiology brings together health care professionals from more than 150 countries, working to advance cardiovascular medicine and help people lead longer, healthier lives.
Information for journalists attending EuroEcho 2019
EuroEcho 2019 takes place 4 to 7 December at the Reed Messe Wien GmbH in Vienna, Austria. Explore the scientific programme.
- Free registration applies only to accredited press.
- Credentials: A valid press card or appropriate letter of assignment with proof of three recent published articles (cardiology or health-related or referring to a previous ESC event). Read the ESC media and embargo policy.
- The ESC Press Office will verify the documents and confirm by email that your press accreditation is valid.
- The ESC Press Office decision is final regarding all press registration requests.