Lugano, Switzerland, 15 May 2020 - The 2020 ESMO Breast Cancer Congress will be held as a virtual meeting, on 23-24 May.
The programme will address relevant topics for breast cancer researchers and clinicians who have a specific interest in innovation and care. (1)
- - The integration of translational research into cancer care and practice
- The improvement of precision medicine and the role of immunotherapy in breast cancer treatment
- Adjuvant, neoadjuvant, surgery and radiotherapy in early breast cancer
- Artificial intelligence and its application in the breast cancer field
- Supportive care, survivorship and patients' quality of life
- - "The impact of Covid-19 on breast cancer treatment and research" by Sibylle Loibl, 23 May 2020, 12:15-12:45
- "Priorities in breast cancer in the next 10 years" by Fabrice André, 24 May 2020, 12:00-12:35
Latest research results
Around 200 studies will be presented (oral or poster presentations) and published online as a supplement of Annals of Oncology. The abstracts can be viewed through the online programme.
ESMO welcomes media representatives interested in reporting on cancer issues. In addition to having access to sessions, live Q&A with invited speakers, e-poster area, virtual exhibition area, and industry satellite symposia, accredited journalists will also have access to the Meeting webcasts.
To apply for media accreditation, please fill out the media registration form. (2)
ESMO Press Office
Notes to Editors
Notes to Editors
Please make sure to use the official name of the meeting in your reports: ESMO Breast Cancer Virtual Meeting 2020
Official Hashtag: #ESMOBreast20
2) Media registration form: http://esmo.
About the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)
ESMO is the leading professional organisation for medical oncology. With more than 25,000 members representing oncology professionals from over 160 countries worldwide, ESMO is the society of reference for oncology education and information. ESMO is committed to offer the best care to people with cancer, through fostering integrated cancer care, supporting oncologists in their professional development, and advocating for sustainable cancer care worldwide. Visit http://www.