International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer Hosts the 2020 World Conference on Lung Cancer Singapore January 28 to January 31, 2021
What: The International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) hosts the 2020 World Conference on Lung Cancer Singapore
When: January 28 - 31, 2021
Presidential Symposium: Each year, IASLC World Conference on Lung Cancer (WCLC) highlights the best lung cancer research at the Presidential Symposium. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the WCLC was postponed and has been restructured into two separate meetings--the first portion was held in August and the second part will be held in January 2021. To learn more about the meeting, visit https:/
The 2020 WCLC Presidential Symposium features:
- National Lung Cancer Screening Program in Taiwan: The TALENT Study (Abstract 3309), Pan-Chyr Yang, M.D., from the National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei/Taiwan.
- International Tailored Chemotherapy Adjuvant Trial: ITACA (Abstract 1820) with Dr. Silvio Novello, University of Torino at San Luigi Gonzaga Hospital, Orbassano, Italy.
- Surgical and Clinical Outcomes with Neoadjuvant Atezolizumab in Resectable Stage IB-IIIB NSCLC: LCMC3 Trial Primary Analysis (Abstract 3195) with Jay M. Lee, M.D., Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles.
- Registrational Phase 2 Trial of Sotorasib in Kras P. G12C Mutant NSCLC: First Disclosure of the CodeBreak100 Primary Analysis (Abstract 3037) with Bob Li, M.D., Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City.
- Pembrolizumab Plus Ipilimumab versus Pembrolizumab and Chemotherapy as 1L Therapy for Metastatic NSCLC of PDL-1 TPS Greater than or Equal To 50 %: KEYNOTE 598 (Abstract: 4248), Michael Boyer, M.D., Chris O'Brien Lifehouse and the Central Clinical School of the University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia.
- Nivolumab Versus Placebo in Relapsed Malignant Mesothelioma: The CONFIRM Phase III Trial (Abstract 3650) with Prof. Dean Fennell, University of Leicester, Leicester, United Kingdom.
The IASLC is also planning two additional press briefings on disparities regarding access to lung cancer care and treatment outcomes and on the impact of COVID-19 on lung cancer care. More information about these press briefings will be provided closer to the meeting. Register as media using the link below to ensure you are notified about press briefings, releases, and advance access to abstracts.
Media Registration: Registration is now open at https:/
About the WCLC:
The WCLC is the world's largest meeting dedicated to lung cancer and other thoracic malignancies, attracting more than 7,000 researchers, physicians and specialists from more than 100 countries. The goal is to increase awareness, collaboration and understanding of lung cancer, and to help participants implement the latest developments across the globe. This year's all-virtual conference will cover a wide range of disciplines and unveil several research studies and clinical trial results. For more information, visit https:/
About the IASLC:
The International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) is the only global organization dedicated solely to the study of lung cancer and other thoracic malignancies. Founded in 1974, the association's membership includes more than 7,500 lung cancer specialists across all disciplines in over 100 countries, forming a global network working together to conquer lung and thoracic cancers worldwide. The association also publishes the Journal of Thoracic Oncology, the primary educational and informational publication for topics relevant to the prevention, detection, diagnosis and treatment of all thoracic malignancies. Visit http://www.