LOS ANGELES, CA (March 22, 2022) – In a company record, SAGE Publishing’s US College division received 11 awards from the Textbook & Academic Authors Association (TAA). A total of 45 textbook titles were recognized across three categories and, for the fifth year in a row, SAGE was honored with more awards than any other publisher.
The TAA Awards recognize excellence over time (McGuffey Longevity Award), excellence in current textbooks and learning materials (Textbook Excellence Award), and excellence in first edition textbooks and learning materials (Most Promising New Textbook Award). SAGE won in each award category, with awarded titles spanning the disciplines of business, sociology, communication & media studies, psychology, political science, social work, and research methods.
The 11 award-winning SAGE titles are:
- McGuffey Longevity Award
- Aging: Concepts and Controversies, tenth edition, by Harry R. Moody and Jennifer R. Sasser
- Brain & Behavior: An Introduction to Behavioral Neuroscience, sixth edition, by Bob Garrett and Gerald Hough
- Governing States and Localities, eighth edition, by Kevin B. Smith and Alan Greenblatt
- Media/Society: Technology, Industries, Content, and Users, seventh edition, by David Croteau, William Hoynes, and Clayton Childress
- Textbook Excellence Award
- An EasyGuide to APA Style, fourth edition, by Beth M. Schwartz, R. Eric Landrum, and Regan A. R. Gurung
- Essentials of Organizational Behavior: An Evidence-Based Approach, third edition, by Terri A. Scandura
- Intercultural Communication: Globalization and Social Justice, third edition, by Kathryn Sorrells
- Most Promising New Textbook Award
- Introduction to Intersectional Qualitative Research by Jennifer Esposito and Venus Evans-Winters
- Social Welfare Policy in a Changing Society by Shannon R. Lane, Elizabeth S. Palley, and Corey S. Shdaimah
- Understanding Racism: Theories of Oppression and Discrimination by hephzibah strmic-pawl
- Women and Leadership: Journey Toward Equity by Lisa DeFrank-Cole and Sherylle J. Tan
“It’s extremely gratifying to see the TAA again honor our authors and SAGE’s commitment to publishing high-quality course content,” says Michele Sordi, Senior Vice President and Head of US College at SAGE.
Awardees will be recognized at a ceremony on Friday, June 17, 2022. To learn more about the Textbook & Academic Authors Association, visit its website.
# # #
About SAGE Publishing
SAGE is a global academic publisher of books, journals, and a growing suite of library products and services.
Driven by the belief that social and behavioral science has the power to improve society, we focus on publishing impactful research and enabling robust research methodology. We produce high quality educational resources that support instructors to prepare the citizens, policymakers, educators, and researchers of the future. We publish more than 1,000 journals and 900 new books globally each year, as well as library products and services that include archives, data, case studies, and video. SAGE is majority owned by our founder, Sara Miller McCune, and after her lifetime will become owned by a charitable trust that secures the company’s continued independence.
The Textbook & Academic Authors Association (TAA) provides a wide range of professional development resources, events, and networking opportunities for textbook authors and authors of scholarly journal articles and books.