The reference "Free Radical Biology of Endocrine, Metabolic & Immune disorders" uniquely explores the science of signalling mechanisms associated with diseases like endocrine, metabolic, and immune disorders which are linked to oxidative stress-mediated disease mechanisms. The common diseases in these categories include diabetes mellitus and arthritis and conditions defined by inflammation and autoimmunity. These diseases involve metabolic pathways mediated by reactive oxygen species or free radicals. The pathways are targets in the mechanism of drugs that aim to treat related disorders. The book covers key topics in free radical biology that help to understand the nature of the pathways and the pharmacology of the drugs that are designed to target them.
Five chapters elucidate the free radical biology of the diseases.
- Role of free radical biology in diabetes mellitus
- Role of GSK3 in the regulation of insulin release and glucose metabolism
- Regulatory role of NRF2 in rheumatoid arthritis
- Role of free radical biology in Alzheimer’s disease
- Regulatory role of immune cells mediated antibody on rheumatoid arthritis
- Elucidates the key biochemical and pharmacological mechanisms that are mediated by free radicals in common endocrine, metabolic and immune diseases.
- Explains the activation of immunological factors (like RF and ACPA) that trigger inflammation and arthritis.
- Covers the role of free radicals in Alzheimer’s disease and new interventions that target mitochondrial mechanisms.
- Systematically explains the molecular biology of free radicals with the help of schematic diagrams.
- Includes references for further reading.
The accessible and structured text in this reference hopefully will makes it a suitable resource for all biomedical scientists, faculty, and postgraduate students in academia and industry.
ABOUT THE EDITOR:
Dr. ASIS BALA, received PhD from Jadavpur University, Kolkata India and Completed Post-Doctoral Research at Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of the Free State, South Africa. His area of interest are Pharmacology; Toxicology; Free Radical Biology and cellular Inflammation and Immunopharmacology of metabolic and autoimmune diseases. He supervised number of Masters and PhD students and acquired more than 550 Scopus citation in 2022 (April) having Scopus h index 15.
Presently He is working as Associate Professor (Pharmacology & Toxicology) at Guru Nanak Institute of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology (Autonomous; NAAC and NBA Accredited Institute), Kolkata-700114, West Bengal, India. His Academic and Research Credential enables him to be the Associate Editorial Board Member Endocrine Metabolic & Autoimmune Disorders- Drug Target (JCR 2020 Impact Factor 2.895) Published by Bentham Science - Official Journal of Association of Medical Endocrinologist- Italy.
Antioxidant, Diabetes Mellitus, Oxidative damage, Oxidative stress, Reactive oxygen species. Diabetes mellitus, Glycogen synthase, GSK-3, GSK-3 inhibitor, Protein kinase. Arthritis, Inflammation, Nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2, Antioxidant, Heme oxygenase 1, Amyloid-beta protein, Antioxidants, Oxidative stress, Risk factors. Anti-Citrullinated Protein Antibody (ACPA), Autoantibodies, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rheumatoid Factor (RF), Serological markers.
Please visit the link for more informations: https://bit.ly/3MlxMex