EurekAlert! Embargo Agreement
Acceptance of the EurekAlert! Embargo Agreement is required for all registrants. Please review the following agreement carefully.
I affirm, through my completion of the EurekAlert! registration form, that upon approval of my application, I will follow EurekAlert!'s established embargo policies and uphold the posted embargo-release times for all embargoed materials accessed via EurekAlert!. I further affirm that I understand and will abide by the following provisions:
- I will withhold the release of EurekAlert! embargoed news prior to its embargo-release time and date.
- I will take particular care to avoid disclosing EurekAlert! embargoed news to any person, list serve, news wire, social media, publication, financial institution or other entity involved in advising others on the purchase of stock.
- I will refrain from sharing with others my EurekAlert! username, password or any embargoed materials taken from EurekAlert!.
- To the best of my knowledge, my media outlet has the proper protocols and procedures in place to ensure that embargoed content will not be released or broadcast prematurely – in print, broadcast or online – regardless of time zone.
- For reporter and freelancer: I am employed solely as a journalist and do not hold any other professional roles that may conflict or potentially be perceived to conflict with my reporting duties; such roles may include, but are not limited to: financial consultant/ investment advisor, policy analyst, public information/marketing professional, researcher, or manuscript editor/reviewer at a peer-reviewed journal.
- For PIO: I am employed solely as a public information officer and do not hold any other professional roles that may conflict or potentially be perceived to conflict with my duties; such roles may include, but are not limited to: financial consultant/investment advisor, policy analyst, researcher, or manuscript editor/reviewer at a peer-reviewed journal.
- I recognize that a breach of the EurekAlert! embargo provisions may result in the suspension of not only my EurekAlert! access and privileges, but for all individuals employed by my news organization, where applicable.