The best time to clean nest boxes for barn owls is fall to avoid disturbing them during their winter breeding season, finds UC Davis research.
- The Journal of Wildlife Management
- National Institute of Food and Agriculture
Rutgers has conducted the first study showing how many more species of bees are needed to maintain crop yields when a longer-term time frame is considered.
- Nature Ecology & Evolution
- National Science Foundation, National Science Foundation, National Institute of Food and Agriculture, Agriculture and Food Research Initiative, U.S. Department of Agriculture
In the wake of unprecedented market shocks in the fed cattle industry, researchers at the University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture teamed up with Mississippi State University and Texas A&M University to analyze the factors affecting price ranges in negotiated cash sales.
We’re all capable of slowing down the effects of a warming Earth, and it could be as simple as how we stock our pantries.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
Southwest Research Institute has developed an efficient, fully synthetic method to produce scopolamine, a plant-derived compound used to prevent nausea and vomiting from motion sickness and anesthesia. The accomplishment marks the first time SwRI has fully synthesized a drug compound that is naturally derived from plants.
A new way of using compost could boost global crop production and deliver huge benefits to the planet, according to a study co-led by The University of Queensland.
- Nature Food